Since Pinterest arrived, the amount of beauty tricks out there in the world has tripled. Every time you go online, you’re bombarded with a list of makeup hacks, hair hacks, and/or skincare hacks that all promise to do a similar thing: hacks offer you an unexpected way to handle a “problem” in a shorter amount of time while also helping you save some money.
Sounds great, right? Right. That’s exactly why these hacks and tricks are so popular. However , which is a big however… some of them don’t really work. There are so many strange beauty recommendations out there that things can get overwhelming. You might begin to believe that you want to be applying baking soft drink to that person every day, or that you truly can use glue on your fingers to help with a manicure. But you can’t! Don’t do this stuff!
The glad tidings are that a lot of these beauty tricks do work, and sometimes, it’s the weirdest ones that actually work the best. How will you separate fact from fiction? For starters, read on! Here are 7 weird beauty tricks that truly work, and so are totally worth trying:
- Douse shampooed hair with a cup of beer, massage it in for five minutes then rinse. While you may smell a little of booze, all buildup will be removed from your tresses, leaving them super soft!
- Run out of shaving cream? Use conditioner instead, it works a treat!
- Grab some strawberries and rub them on your teeth prior to brushing. The acid in the berries helps to break down stubborn stains.
- With a Q tip or small brush, apply some (appropriately colored) eyeshadow to magically touch up your roots!
- Turn your old pencil eyeliner into a gel instantly, by heating it with a lighter. You can also freeze it, if you want to stop bits flaking away as you use it!
- After applying your first coat of mascara, dust your lashes carefully with baby powder, before applying a second coat. Your lashes will appear much fuller and more gorgeous!
- Use dryer sheets to fix your frizzy fly aways. Simply rub a sheet all over your head to fix the problem!